Naviate Rebar Extension
Changes are available in Naviate Rebar Extension 2020.1.2.
Please note: If you are running any other Naviate application together with Naviate REX make sure that you have the same version of all products. F.ex. Naviate Structure must have version 2020.1.2 to run Naviate Rebar Extension 2020.1.2
Hide/Show Rebar and Hide/Show Obscured Rebar
Four new tools have been added from Naviate Structure to Naviate REX: Hide Rebar, Show Rebar, Hide Obscured and Show Obscured. These tools allow you to manage appearance of the reinforcement in view in a simple manner.
- Hide/Show Rebar : Hide or show all rebars in current view.
- Hide/Show Obscured Rebar: Make all rebars obscured or unobscured in current view.
Use Shape Families in project
You can now configure Naviate REX to use existing shape families from your project instead of creating rebar shapes based on selected database in Regional Setting.
Select what option to use in the drop down in Naviate Rebar Extension ribbon panel:
- Load shape families from settings database (old REX behavior)
- Use shape families in project (shape codes from project/template are used)
If matching Rebar Shapes are missing in the project they will be created automatically and named “Rebar Shape X” when using Naviate REX tools to add rebar.
Run Naviate REX tools with your most used settings in a project to create rebar shapes that is needed. Then rename the shape families to proper names according to local standard and move them to your project template.
REX tools use some rebar shapes that have Style set to "Stirrup". Because of this rebars shapes from project that have the same shape, but Style set to “Standard” are ignored. REX will create new rebar shapes in that case.
Interference of Bars
The tool support only rebar with geometry defined as Shape Driven. We have fixed an issue with Free Form rebar; they are now excluded and the tool analyzes all shape driven rebar in the project.
Beams - Bar division
We have fixed issues with Bar Length:
- Default value for max bar length is 12000mm (when using Metric units) if the length is not read from the database. For existing projects, the value will remain the same as previously defined
- You can now change to any value without the tool hangs.
We have fixed an issue were the tool was only working with Floor Openings. Now the tool recognizes Slab Openings too and generates corresponding reinforcement.